How do I choose a Pilates instructor?
Here are 8 questions you should consider before choosing an instructor:
- What are your goals (and theirs)? …
- Where did the instructor train and for how many hours? …
- Are they PMA certified? …
- Does your instructor still practice Pilates regularly? …
- Do they teach Classical or Contemporary Pilates?
What questions should I ask a Pilates instructor?
8 Simple Questions to Ask when Selecting a Pilates Instructor
- Are you a certified instructor? …
- What training program did you complete? …
- How many hours did your certification process require? …
- Are you current with your continuing education requirements? …
- How many years have you been an instructor?
What qualifications should a Pilates instructor have?
In summary, to become a Pilates Instructor you should:
Gain experience with the Pilates exercises. Enroll in and complete a training program. Begin teaching. Prepare for and take a recognized certification exam such as the NPCP exam.
What skills do you need for Pilates?
A Pilates teacher should have the following personal characteristics:
- A calm and approachable manner.
- The ability to lead a large class of students.
- Great communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of the human body and biomechanics through personal experience.
- An excellent level of personal fitness, strength and flexibility.
What is the best Pilates qualification?
Here are the 8 Best Pilates Certifications in 2021:
- Stott Pilates.
- Power Pilates.
- Peak Pilates.
- Basi Pilates.
- Balanced Body.
- Polestar Pilates.
- Fletcher Pilates.
- Romana’s Pilates.
Which Pilates certification is best?
Pilates Teacher Training: 5 Best Certifications for 2021
- Balanced Body Pilates Instructor Training.
- Basi Pilates Comprehensive Program.
- Power Pilates Comprehensive Pilates Certification.
- Core Pilates NYC Comprehensive Course.
- Peak Pilates Comprehensive Certification.