Three key phases to exercise are the warmup, training, and the cool down. During the warmup you ready the body for what’s to come. In the middle phase, you perform the strenuous work. And in the cool down period, you bring your body back to a resting state.
What are the 5 phases of a workout?
Here are five stages of physical fitness and the obstacles ahead.
- The Pre-Contemplative Stage. This stage happens long before you sign up for exercise classes or join a fitness center. …
- The Contemplation Stage. …
- The Preparation Stage. …
- The Action Stage. …
- The Maintenance Stage.
What are the 3 phases of workouts?
There are three phases of exercise: power, strength and endurance.
What are the 4 phases of fitness exercise?
4 Phases of Exercise
- Warming Up. Warming up is an essential part of your workout.
- Stretching. Stretching is most effective when you’re muscles are warmed up, so stretch after your warm-up routine then again after your cool down.
- Conditioning. …
- Cool Down.
What are the 6 phases of exercise?
What is The OPT™ Model?
- Phase 1: Stabilization Endurance.
- Phase 2: Strength Endurance.
- Phase 3: Muscular Development/Hypertrophy.
- Phase 4: Maximal Strength.
- Phase 5: Power.
What are the 5 components of fitness?
A. Health-related components of Physical Fitness. There are five components of physical fitness: (1) body composition, (2) flexibility, (3) muscular strength, (4) muscular endurance, and (5) cardiorespiratory endurance.
What are the 5 stages of periodization?
Periodization Phases or Goals
- Hypertrophy/Muscular Endurance Phase. …
- Basic Strength Phase. …
- Strength/Power Phase. …
- Performance Peaking Phase. …
- Maintenance Phase.
What are the 3 phases of warm up?
A warm up generally consists of a gradual increase in intensity in physical activity (a “pulse raiser”), joint mobility exercise, and stretching, followed by the activity.
What are the 4 stages of a warm up?
- The general warm up;
- Static stretching;
- The sports specific warm up; and.
- Dynamic stretching.
What are the types of exercise?
The 4 most important types of exercise
- Strengthening, stretching, balance, and aerobic exercises will keep you active, mobile, and feeling great. Exercise is key to good health. …
- Aerobic exercise. …
- Strength training. …
- Stretching. …
- Balance exercises.